We would like to reassure you that in the event of cancellation due to COVID-19 your deposit will be refunded in full within 28 days of written notice if you have not had your trial and you do not wish to re-book or if we are unable to accommodate the new wedding date.
Please take the time to read this policy so you can be reassured we are doing everything we can to minimise the risk of transmission and protect the health of our clients. We want to make sure that your wedding preparation is as enjoyable as possible and will make every effort to accommodate your requirements within the rules in force at the time of your wedding day.
- It is now compulsory for you to wear a face mask during treatment unless wearing a face mask is not compulsory for you. The only time it can be removed is if you are eating or drinking, or the treatment you have booked cannot be carried out unless you remove it – such as when make-up is being applied. All clients must therefore wear a facemask.
- We will be wearing full PPE and disposing of each item between clients.
- Hand sanitiser and face masks will be available in case you forget to bring your own.
- Disposable towels and gowns will be used.
- All tools and equipment will be deeply sanitised between each client.
- It is important to keep rooms well ventilated so if possible we will open windows and doors.
- Music must be kept to a minimum to prevent people from shouting or speaking loudly.
- Due to restrictions on the number of people allowed to meet inside we will need to restrict the number of people in the room we are using for hair and/or makeup by these rules as they apply at the time, ensuring that social distancing can also remain in place with the number of people in the room. Generally if we are providing our services in your own home we ask that only the client be present in the room during treatment. We can discuss what this will mean for you and your bridal party closer to the day.
- We need to minimise contact between different workers while serving you, such as photographers, caterers etc, again we can discuss what this will mean for you and your bridal party closer to the day.
- If anyone has a persistent cough, a high temperature or has lost their sense of taste or smell, they should be isolating. We will ask all clients to complete a health questionnaire prior to treatment to confirm that they do not have any symptoms of Covid-19 nor have they been near anyone with symptoms. If they are unable to confirm this we will not be able to provide our services to them.
- Everyone will be required to provide their contact details as we are required to do this to assist NHS Trace and Test.
If you are attending our salon at Hoog House in Newbury please click here to be taken to our salon website where you will find the relevant Covid Information on visiting our salon.